Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership
Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction
Become a leader in education.
The Doctor of Education Degree in Educational Leadership serves educational leaders or aspiring leaders in schools, community colleges, universities and other education related agencies. The curriculum is designed to maximize career opportunities and serve busy professionals. Our courses are offered during evenings, weekends, and online.
Choose from three tracks:
This cognate prepares principals, superintendents, and other school leaders. The preparatory courses for the principal and superintendent certificates also count toward the degree plan, allowing students to maximize the benefits of their coursework.
PreK-16 degree plan (pdf)
Maximize your career mobility as a higher education leader. This program was developed by university and community college leaders to maximize the quality of learning and career potential.
Individualize your degree program by specializing in a subject area of your interest, such as curriculum and instruction, kinesiology, or educational technology, or other areas of educational leadership interest.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Exhibit understanding of and the ability to synthesize the body of literature in the field.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to write theoretically grounded, scholarly research papers.
- Design and complete an original research project.
The Educational Leadership Program accepts applications year round and holds interviews generally twice each year, during the spring and fall semesters.
- Contact Dr. Randall Bowden at 361-825-6034 or email@example.com for the next application
- Gather and submit the following materials by the deadline:
- Participate in a 30-minute interview with faculty. We will schedule this after receiving your application materials.
- Complete a writing sample in person, which we will also schedule after receiving your application materials.
- Apply for grad scholarships.
Visit Course Catalog for a complete list of degree requirements for the Doctorate in Educational Leadership.
- Printable degree plan - Higher Education cognate (pdf)
- Printable degree plan - Higher Education specialized cognate (pdf)
- Printable degree plan - PK-16 cognate (pdf)
Dr. Randall Bowden, Associate Professor